Hilary Hinton “Zig” Ziglar (November 6, 1926 – November 28, 2012) was an American author, salesman, and motivational speaker.
In 1931, when Ziglar was five years old, his father took a management position at a Mississippi farm, and his family moved to Yazoo City, where he spent most of his early childhood. The next year, his father died of a stroke, and his younger sister died two days later.
Ziglar served in the United States Navy during World War II (c. 1943 to 1945). He was in the Navy V-12 Navy College Training Program and attended the University of South Carolina in Columbia, South Carolina.
In 1944, he met his wife, Jean, in the capital city of Jackson, Mississippi; he was seventeen and she was sixteen. They married in late 1946.
As of 2010, Ziglar still traveled around taking part in motivational seminars, despite a fall down a flight of stairs in 2007 that left him with short-term memory problems. State Representative Chris Greeley of Maine mentions Ziglar in the credits of his CD on public speaking.
- Ziglar, Zig (1975). See You at the Top. Gretna: Pelican Pub. Co. Pelican publisher Milburn E. Calhoun reported his greatest success with See You at the Top, which had been rejected by some thirty publishers previously.
- Ziglar, Zig (1982). Zig Ziglar’s Secrets of Closing the Sale. New York: Berkley Books.
- Ziglar, Zig (1985). Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World. Nashville: Oliver Nelson.
- Ziglar, Zig (1986). Top Performance: How to Develop Excellence in Yourself and Others. New York: Berkley Books.
- Ziglar, Zig (1994). Over the Top. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.
- Ziglar, Zig (1998). Success for Dummies. Foster City, Calif: IDG Books.
- Ziglar, Zig; Hayes, John P. (2001). Network Marketing For Dummies. Foster City, Calif: IDG Books.
- Ziglar, Zig (2003). Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.
- Ziglar, Zig (2004). Confessions of a Grieving Christian. Nashville: B&H Publishing Group.
- Ziglar, Zig (2004). The Autobiography of Zig Ziglar. New York: Random House.
- Ziglar, Zig (2006). Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can’t Wait to Live. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers.
- Ziglar, Zig; Norman, Julie Ziglar (2009). Embrace the Struggle: Living Life on Life’s Terms. New York: Howard Books.
- Ziglar, Zig; Ziglar, Tom (2012). Born to Win: Find Your Success Code. Dallas: SUCCESS Media.